We support all companies completing any manufacturing processes in the U.S.A. To be eligible for The MiA Project Badge for designers and manufacturers, however, a company must:
- Complete all product design and full-scale manufacturing in the U.S.A., in addition to fulfilling three, at a minimum, of the below processes entirely in the U.S.A. Or, provide a service completed entirely in the U.S.A.
- Agree to continue executing declared proven processes or services in the U.S.A. for a minimum of one year from the date of certification approval. If any process moves outside of the U.S.A. during the aforementioned year, The MiA Project must be notified, and changes must be submitted for review.
Companies that qualify for The MiA Project Badge can use the Badge on all proprietary digital channels, as a physical Badge, and will also be listed on our "Badge Holders" webpage.
Applying for The MiA Project Badge is a streamlined and simple process. We maintain thoroughness and as much accuracy as possible when vetting the applications. The companies bestowed The MiA Project Badge intentionally prioritize Made in the U.S.A.
Production and Manufacturing Categories
Although each step in the manufacturing process entails countless smaller steps, we have grouped production processes into five major categories.
1. Design and full-scale production (including cutting, bundling; sewing, assembling; inspection): As The MiA Project Badge prerequisite, companies must complete all design and full-scale production work in the U.S.A.
Of the remaining four categories below, 3 out of 4 must also be completed in the U.S.A. in order to qualify for The MiA Project Badge.
2. Initial pattern making
3. Sample making
4. Production pattern making (Including grading, marker making)
5. Finishing, final inspection, packing, distribution
U.S.A. Manufacturers and Skilled Laborers
Production facilities, manufacturers, and skilled laborers located in the U.S.A. that conduct all processes in the U.S.A. are eligible to use The MiA Project Badge. Please fill out and submit The MiA Project Badge Application.